Pollen allergy symptoms may appear on who allergic to hay fever, grass or pollen season. Get to know treatment & effects of pollen.
The outdoors are beautiful, with flowers in full bloom, grasses on lawns and trees are a lush verdant green.
You want to rush outside to enjoy the fabulous weather, but as soon as you do, you get a running nose, continuous sneezing, and watery eyes.
If you have had these exact symptoms each year during either spring or summer or even autumn, then in all likelihood, you have a pollen allergy.
Table of Contents
What is pollen allergy?
It is when you have an adverse allergic reaction to pollen, which is nothing but the fine powder which emanates from the stamen of flowering plants.
Pollen allergy is popularly referred to as hay fever.
This being caused when pollen is released by the flowers and circulated through the air.
What are the symptoms of pollen allergies?
If you are unfortunate enough to be allergic to pollen and go to the outdoors when there is pollen in the air, you will develop an adverse reaction almost immediately.
Your body will go into full defense mode as it thinks that it is being invaded.
Histamine will be produced by your immune system in copious quantities to fight back this invasion.
What that happens, you may develop symptoms such as the following:
– Development of an Itchy throat
– Constant and incessant sneezing
– Coughing or wheezing
– Itchy, watery and red eyes
Pollen Allergy Treatment:
It had may to mention some pollen allergy home remedies. But, due to severity of pollen allergy, you should following these advice:
Make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible without wasting any time. Describe all your symptoms and what caused the allergic reactions.
To confirm that you actually have an allergy, your doctor may refer you to an allergist.
The allergist will make a detailed note of your symptoms and all the possible triggers including understanding your medical history.
You may need to undergo a skin-prick allergy test to identify what is causing the allergic reaction.
After you have been conclusively diagnosed to be suffering from pollen allergies, you should sit down with your doctor and ask for a comprehensive treatment plan.
Best Treatment for Hayfever:
There are quite a few ways that pollen allergies may be treated:
– Antihistamine drugs: Antihistamines are available over-the-counter. They block the histamine made by your body in the event of an allergic attack.
– Decongestants: These are useful in case you have a blocked nose as they clear your nasal passages, allowing you to breathe easier.
– Nasal Sprays: Allergy symptoms are alleviated by some nasal sprays
– Prescription Medicines: In case the above treatment methods do not work, then your doctor may take a decision to prescribe a stronger medicine.
Some prescription medicines are useful in blocking chemicals apart from histamine which triggers allergies.
Other prescription medicines treat symptoms caused by grass or weed pollen.
– Allergy Shots: In case prescribed medicines do not help relieve your symptoms, then your doctor may decide to give you allergy shots.
Every few weeks, your doctor will inject a minuscule amount of the specific allergen under your skin.
After a few months of such treatment, this should allow your body to get used to the allergic trigger and your symptoms should reduce in intensity.
Top 5 Pollen allergy symptoms and treatment
7 Tips that can prevent seasonal allergy symptoms
Fall Allergies Symptoms: AS YOU DON’T KNOW THEM
6 Natural Remedies for Seasonal Allergies